Wednesday, June 16, 2010

READING IS WONDERFUL!

Hello there everyone,

Its been a long, long time since I've been blogging and today is the lucky day! Its Wednesday, June 16, 2010. Its my nephew Liam Maugasa'a Talanoa's birthday. He is 1 year old today. Went with the famly to our local buffet #1, love that place for the SHRIMP, had some cake and Saturday will be his party; should be heaps of fun..Hooray! I need a tan but we all know how that goes, me and the sun do not get along.. but I can adapt if not get burned oh well.

So my friend Wena has introduced me to the whole world of books and to my amazement, I like it. I read this book she suggested I read "Just the Sexiest Man Alive", and might I say that its GREAT! I decided to start blogging again so that I could express myself and talk about the books that I've read since I'm so new to the game and all.

The main character or heroine (female) is Taylor Donovan, a hard working lawyer from Chicago who goes to the city of Dreams and Celebrities..Los Angeles. She goes for the summer to work on a sexual harrassment case, and by the way, she is the top dawg so to speak. So she's trying to adapt to the L.A. lifestyle and before she comes to L.A., she broke off her engagement to her Ex-Fiance (Daniel) because being the young professor that he is at the local Chicago Univeristy, poor Taylor finds him with a student. Lets just say they were not in any position to put their clothes on, turn around and explain anything to her..Heart broken, but with Taylor,as her brothers would tell her when she was young, being the only girl, "there is no crying in baseball", so she had to tough it out all those years with her brothers. So she decided to move on and go on with her life..

She goes to L.A. and her boss tells her that he has a special project for her to work on and thats where the handsome Jason Andrews (Hero), the Sexiest Man Alive, comes into the story. He's just every womans dream and is in every magazine, with every model, actress, what have you, the usual Hollywood Celebrity Status hunk in town. So Taylor's boss tells her that Jason will be working on a movie and needs to study how lawyers move, what they say in court,etc.. She tries to get out of the project but unsuccessful she is stuck with the job.
Jason Andrews was suppose to meet her Thursday, no show, Friday no call nothing. He shows up the next week at the courthouse where she is in motion doing what she does best, cross examining the witnesses. She notices him walk into the courthouse. She was not happy to see him, they speak and she's very short with him and in the end leaves him there alone and he's speechless can't believe she treated him the way she did. There begins the fate of the two of them. He really likes the way she works..And so the story begns..

I love the way Julie James (author) makes Taylor so tough and stern when working with Jason Andrews. She was everything he didn't expect, which led to his infatuation with Taylor. I kind of suspected that in the end they were going to hit it off, but as the story unfolds and other characters come into play, I kind of had my doubts. I love how the book totally had me enticed to continue to read on and on. I couldn't put the book down. The first day I read over half of the book. Ne-ways, I loved how Taylor really had Jason sprung to a point where she effected his thoughts, his actions and really had him around her finger and in the game.

Some of my favorite parts were, when Jason goes to her apartment and tells Taylor that she belongs with him, and she said she can't, he says, you're afraid, and she says YES. Then a card out of the People magazine falls out and Jaon reads it and it says, "I'm sorry. And I love you, Daniel." He turns to Taylor and says, "Now I see what the problem is. Tell me, Taylor, whose mistakes am I paying for?" Whoa that was a biggie, I mean that is so true. Because of what happened with her with her ex-fiance, of course, it will be even harder to let anyone else into your heart and love them like you did before. I totally understand, but Jason was being real with her and he was so sincere. Okay, okay he slept with like every woman he went out with, and that is not to be taken litely, but that was in his past. You can just feel that he loves Taylor by his actions and words, but in order for the relationship to work, the past must be left in the past, of course difficult to be forgotten, but the PRESENT is where the relationship needs to begin and thats what should matter. I know, I know easier said than done, but for me, I've decided to look at relationships in that perspective.

Their relationship was different, never really a solid label on it, but they both felt and knew that they had feelings for each other. Taylor made Jason feel things he's never felt before with other women, just being accustomed to doing the same things with women who would just throw themselves at him, but Taylor didn't give in to all that.

The other part I really felt a deep jolt in the gut was when Taylor went to the Premiere to find Jason and tell him how she really feels about him. She finds him, he knows he's happy to see her. He asks her, what are you doing here and she hesitates and he's getting impatient and starts to walk away, then Taylor says, wait.." I'm here for you, Jason. Because I realized that the one person who coud break my heart is the only one who should have it." Is that not the best answer in the world. I loved what she said, CLASSIC! I told myself, self..haha! I am so going to save that line when the time comes for m to use it..YES!

I'm a happy ending reader, and I so loved this book.I plan on reading her other books as well.

No comments: