Saturday, July 02, 2011

"BNICE AND MIKE'S RESTAURANT VISITS"


My cousin Mike and I have gone to many restaurants around the South Bay Area just trying out new spots that we haven't tried out before. I think we started last year (2010) and have since continued the journey. I believe Mike has been trying out new restaurants long before last year and thus we have created our nights of adventrues to trying out new restaurants and new sites in the surrounding area.

I have the picture of Georges Greek Cafe (Long Beach) posted up because it is my favorite Greek place for some great halumi. (Pita bread, fried cheese and a slice tomato with oils.) What a treat! I was introduced to this appetizer from Mike, of course.

With each new restaurant we try, I'll be posting up what we think about the restaurant and let you peeps know what the great deal or great meal of the day is. So right now, I'm going to just quickly dot down some of the restaurants, cafes or hole in the wall spots that we've ventured to, none in any order of course.

Restaurant from 2010 to the Present are:

The Salt Creek - El Segundo (Salmon is great!)
The Melt - El Segundo (Crepes with chocolate:0)
Canter's Restaurant - Los Angeles (Coffee Cake yum!) - 24 hrs
The Shorehouse - Belmont Shores (Nachos- delicioso!) - 24 hrs
La Strada - Belmont Shores (Fettucine Alfredo)
La Creperia - Belmont Shores (Crepes with Cream)
The Tofu House - Los Angeles (Kim Chee and Rice good stuff- tofu ok) - 24 hrs
Georges Greek Cafe - Long Beach (HALUMI- LOVE IT
Rockbottom Brewery - Long Beach (Shrimp Tacos- yum)
Alberto's - Long Beach (The best Nachos Ever!)
Picarelli - Long Beach (The Best pasta and fried eggplant!)
NY Upper Crust Pizza - Belmont Shores (Pizza and Tiramasu)
CHA FOR TEA - Long Beach (The Ultimate Tea Joint and chinese food)
Yogurtland - Long Beach, Manhattan Beach (Great Yogurt and cheap too)
Cheesecake Factoy - Pasadena (Great location, great food)

OK, so these are just a few hot spots that I can remember that we've tried. I'll eventually add to the list when I remember the other places we've tried. I enjoy trying out new restaurants and Mike doesn't mind driving, so we're a perfect duo to go and sample and the rich, good food the area has to offer. I guess when we run out of places to try, we will need to expand our ventures and start going to different countriels to try out new places; that would be GREAT!

I didn't get a chance to elaborate on each restaurant we visited, but I'll be more faithful in writing down the places we try out and writing up what good deals, good entrees and so forth to try out. Until then Bon Apetit!

No comments: