Thursday, November 08, 2012

"The Dark Highlander" by Karen Marie Moning

This book was a good read, although I must add that I thought "Kiss of the highlander" was more of my pace as far as reading a book. The last 3 chapters of the dark highlander really caught attention and that is when I started feeling all my emotions and feelings get all tied up in Dageus and his undying love for Chloe.
Its funny how the SCOTS, can really feel who their mate will be, and Chloe was the total opposite of Dageus. She was a small little thing, with curly hair, curves, and a Scottish background. Dageus knew he could get any woman of his choice and seduce her with his animalistic sensuality, but there was something about Chloe that no other woman had and that drew him to her. Maybe it was because she was intrigued and studied the old myths, legends and was madly in love with artifacts dating back to Dageus' time the 15th and 16th century. She knew all about the ancient history of the Scots and simply loved to learn more and more about that era and this is what helped her to understand what was  behind Dageus all that manly build of a man.
Their love was deep aND new, but as the story progresses we see how Dageus treats his own mate, his love and doesn't just love her for the moment, but for the eternities. He didn't mesmerize or seduce her, he merely let her make her own decision to loving him and indeed she did! Like I said before the last 3 chapters really made the story come alive for me. Dageus having to fight off the 13 evil spirits within him, loving Chloe the way he did and trying to protect her with all his might. He did the only thing he knew was right to save not only Chloe his love, but the world in general.
I loved how Dageus put his heart and soul into the people whom he loved, his brother, thus sacrificing himself to the black side so that his brother Drustan could live with his wife in the 21st century and giving of his own life to see that evil would not return to the earth and destroy everything and anyone in it! By doing so, he was given a rare second chance at life and embraced it as he returns to Chloe, who suffered a torturing 3 1/2 weeks thinking that her Dageus was gone forever. Oh the horrid emotions Chloe must have felt, how she endured that, I don't know, but I would totally not want to endure such a loss or such pain - no, not me!
A good read, so one of the places I would like to visit on my list to vacation is definitely Scotland..Aye-lass! Gotta find me a cherry picker (words of Gwen from "Kiss of the highlander)..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also, we need to determine the rounds of the quiz according
to it. Anna had been looking through my phone while I was naked.
The buccal cavity is a small cavity that has neither jaws nor teeth.


My web page free pub quiz answers