Thursday, June 07, 2012

RETURNING TO THE WORLD OF BLOGGING- WELCOME BACK!

OMG, how long has it been since I tapped into my BlOG too long goodness! The last time I blogged was in January and it is now June 7, 2012 - who does that, apparently I do.
Well as usual alot has passed and moving right along with the present ha! Lets see I can say that I did read a few books that I have posted on my blogpage stating anxious to read, but I didn't get a chance to post my review or rather I didn't get to write it up ugh..ay yay yay!
So Hunger Games, the movie, was released a few months ago and I loved it. Now the people who didn't read the trilogy do not fully understand what the movie was about. In order to get a clearn understanding and appreciation for the movie, I suggest that people read the books. I thought the movie stayed true to the book and for that I was grateful! Of course I don't like the plot of the movie where all these young kids are trained to ultimately kill each other and the last one standing wins, who wants to see that? But, the exciting part is the love triangle between Katniss, Peeta and Gale. 3 different people all trying to survive in the Hunger Games hosted by the Capitol  and also survival of the fittest in teh districts. Such a sad and torn place to live in those districts, being branded and labeled having no freedom to say, hey I don't want to work with only coal or work in the mines for the rest of my life what the heck..but the books are a definite good read by me. Alot of twists and turns in each book and for this excitement I kept reading like an ant following a picnic basket for food! I really appreciated how the directors perceived the Capitol and the people who live in the Capitol all the bright colors and luxurious speed trains everything was beautiful! I must say that I'm anxiously awaiting the next movie although I don't look forward to all the killings but its part of the books so be it!

Oh some of the books I've read already are Beastly, 10 things I hate about  you, The Soul Screamers Series, glad to say I'm up to date and read "If I Die", good read indeed. I do have other books that I've started but just couldn't get into like "Lost in Time" the Blue Bloods Series and "Destined" The house of knight series. I really tried to read them but after a few chapters there just wasn't anything that jumpe out at me to want me to continue. So I've put those two books aside for now!

A friend of mine referred me to a book site that is fanctastic and if you're a reader and enjoy books, you gotta log on and become a member..Its called goodreads.com! Totally easy to manuever and get around. There are plenty of good things to read and this year isn't exactly turning out the way I imagined, but none the less I will still try to complete my goal of reading 50-100 books CARAMBA GOOD LUCK TO ME!

Well I think thats pretty good for a start to make a come back to the world of blogging. Until the next time..thats all folks!

No comments: