Saturday, June 09, 2012

TASTING A FEW THINGS TODAY

Today I was rolling with my sister out to look for some things to taste on a Friday evening. So we kind of did the opposite and went for dessert first. Our first stop was "Susie Cakes" in Manhattan Beach, CA. We tasted the Red Velvet Cupcake, Strawberry and Chocolate on Chocolate. We also tried the strawberry shortcake cake.
The Red Velvet cupcake was nice. The cake was moist and sweet while the cream cheese frosting was sweet but not too sweet; definitely enjoyed the red velvet cupcake the best. The strawberry cupcake was a vanilla cake with strawberry frosting. The frosting was a tart flavor frosting which I wasn't use to, but the frosting and cupcake when eaten together was not bad. The chocolate on chocolate cupcake was ok.I personally love my frosting to be lite and sweet but I know in the tradition of making cupcakes the frosting is like the sweetest thing on the cupcake, all good! The strawberry shortcake cake was sweet in taste but the frosting was a lite cream with no sugar, well at least I didn't taste any.
My overall experience at Susie Cakes was ok. Appreciate the sweets for a Friday evening.

After dessert, we headed towards "THe Hummus Factory" in El Segundo, CA I believe. I ordered the Lula Sandwich (ground beef) and my sister ordered the Beef Sandwich with hummus and pita bread. I forget what the yogurt dip is called but we ordered that as well. My Lula sandwich was wrapped in a big pita with a ground beef like sausage, cilantro, onions and lettuce. My sandwich was OK. The hummus was basic and the pita bread to eat the hummus was a bit on the tough side. I would say that they have nothing on "Georges Greek Restaurant". I think the Hummus Factory is a Mediterranean style restaurant, but for me I'm gonna stick to Georges. I'm glad I had the chance to try out the Hummus Factory, but overall I'm good and am in no rush to return.

Hope everyone had a good Friday night and if by chance I taste anything else new, I'll be sure to share with the blogging world. On that note, good eats, good reads and good night!

No comments: