Sunday, September 05, 2010

"Mochi Ice Cream"

Mochi-Ice Cream is rich and smooth dessert from Japan. This dough looking delicacy has green tea inside and tastes delish!
So we're on our way to our show yesterday, Satruday-September 4, 2010 at Imperial Beach and Mike says, "lets stop by and get some mochi ice cream." I'm like what is that? He says, " its a Japanese dessert with ice cream in it.' So I'm game for trying out new things. So we get to Makiaki Sushi place or something like that in El Segundo and we order some Mochi. I get Green Tea and Mike gets Strawbery falvored ice cream. The outside is a dough like ball with powdered sugar on the outside and when you bite into it there's ice cream. The outside dough is like a gelly texture but the ice crean inside is great! So thanks for the Mochi experience!
From the Japanese culture, I love their SUSHI, that stuff is just the greatest with California Roll being my favorite from Sakae Sushi in Gardena, CA. I think my next favorite sushi spot is Fusion Sushi in Manhattan Beach and Torrance, CA..Great sushi, but I love their tempura better! My next sushi spot is Tamashiro's in Hollywood, CA. Its set up on a hill and you can overlook the city. The environment is nice and the food is good, kind of pricey and thats why I usually go when invited by family haha! I always get Green Tea ice cream when I eat sushi and seems to be my favorite Japanese dessert.
I'll try to experience something new every week..Until then, enjoy some SUSHI!!

No comments: