Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"The Rail" Concert JBOOG with FIJI


The Rail in Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah Event Center is a nice and spaciouis venue where Polynesias Singing Artists performed on Thursday, September 9, 2010. The main performers for the night were JBOOG- Hip Hop/Reggae artist strait outta LONG BEACH and FIJI-Island Style Reggae singer right outta the isles of the Pacific- Laie, Hawaii. These two performers did a great job sharing the stage and highlighting each other while singing their songs and hooks together. JBOOG has a #1 hit song in Jamaica right now called "Nice to know ya" and I must say that the song is bomb.com! It has a nice reggae rhythm to it and you can get your groove on at the same time. I saw his video on FaceBook last night and I enjoyed it. Although, I think I could have held his hand and did my rendition of the Polynesian Cat Walk, full on shimmy and connect it to the drop and do the eagle while slowly coming up pole girl dancer style and then a littele ori opu with the tummy, but I would definitely wear a girdle on that day ha!then a quick ami and a push of the hip out with the foot and toe pointed yea, did I give this little rendtion some thought..umm hell to the NO, its na-tu-ral babee haha!! But great artist..
FIJI is the OG! He will definitely give you a show to remember. Right now he's going thru some medical setbacks and is in a wheelchair but does that stop him from singing his heart out? Hell to the mutha effing NO..haha! The boy can sing and reach some astronomical notes that I can't even hit on a good day at choir practice, you know what I'm saying...I'm like he's like "Hot on Wheels" he's so good at what he does! Big ups to FIJI! He's a natural born entertainer and although his lyrics can have some sexy slurs to it, its all good it aint like ya'll aint heard them thangs anyways and thought about it once or twice or maybe even more haha! Just keepin it real! He's a musical legend for the Polynesian people and still hittin it with his fine and distinct falseto notes that are unreachable by many male singers. Keep the music alive and continue to pursue the vision of Polynesians makin it and crossin over to the big leagues, well thats my vision.
I enjoyed myself at the concert and appreciated all the entertainment that night. Other artists were Spawn Breezie, The band Hot Rain, and JR from Naughty Roots or something like that. Thanks for a great night artists of tomorrow and the future!

No comments: