Saturday, September 29, 2012

"PITCH PERFECT" Saturday morning movie

So I'm barely waking up at like 9:00am, I love weekends, I get to sleep in and not worry about rising early for work. I'm getting up and my sister is like, we have time to catch "Pitch Perfect" at 10:30am, so I'm like hell yea- let's do it. So off we go.

Nothing like a movie per day, keeps the energy flowing lol..The movie theater wasn't too crowded, of course all the seats in the upper stairs are full an the seats toward the screen are always open, but our seats were on the last row of bottom floor- not bad. It really helped that the seats reclined- oh yea!

"Pitch Perfect" gets an "A" in my books. Talk about laughing the whole movie, that is what I did and enjoyed. I think at times, my sister and I were the only ones laughing during some scenes, but oh well. Laughing kills calories and at the rate I'm going, I'll take anything to kill some calories lol..The people sitting next to me, like 4 seats down weren't really laughing as much as I was, but it was good FUN! I'm still a little lite headed from laughing so much ha!

Along with laughter came, a love portion. Becca (the main girl) really loves music and would like to produce and do her own stuff. Her father wants her to get a good education and then after that, she can pursue her dreams and move to Los Angeles. So he makes a deal with her and says, give college a try, join one group and afte the year if you still want to move to L.A., them I will let you go.- AGREED! She does internship at the college radio station and meets Jessie who loves music and movies. We can tell that they are gonna hit it off and their relationship builds and is really cute, but the ending is the best part!

Becca is in the showers singing, TITANIUM, and one of the girls from the Burten Bella's was in the shower and she hears Becca singing, and she flings the shower curtain open, mind you Becaa is still naked and so is Chloe(the singing girl). She tells her she's not gonna get out of her shower space until she sings, so she sings to get Chloe out of her way and when Becca sings, Chloe immediately harmonizes with her and they sound great and they are still naked- cna you say ACA-AWKWARD! Too funny, so Becca ends up auditioning for the Bellas acapella group...

The movie was full of laughter, quick wit, slap stick fun! The characters are hilarious and my favorite character was "PHAT AMIE". She is rather volumptious, but her quick wit and side comments during the movie were spot on out of this world lol. I think alot of people went to watch the movie because "REBEL WILSON"- PHAT AMIE was in it. Man, she had me rolling in my seat. This is one movie I know I will watch over and over again in the theaters to get the full effect of the singing and to laugh my head off. The acapella music was most invigorating and I wanted to clap after every group that sang, well the ones that were good. The music, choreography and humor were perfect to me. I wouldn't change a thing. He love part of the movie was really moving and Im glad most of the movie was about the singing, fitting in at college, getting to know other college students and it didn't dwell on the love story. I personally love love stories, but in this movie the way the love happened and how it ended was GREAT!

Parts of the movie I really loved were the Rip Off parts, where they competed with other acapella groups ad lib style, just free styling it - watever goes and that was awesome! The ending of the movie really caught my full on attention. The Bella's came out of their comfort and traditional zone, went all out into the 21st Century music and stepped it up with their fresh music and tight choreography. It was a great ending for the movie, and because Becca pretty much revolved the music to the Breakfast Club, and if you watch the movie , you'll know why she did-everything just fit together like a pea in a pod! And that was a wonderful way to start off my Saturday!

i also saw a lot of good previews with upcoming movies and it looks like they are some good ones. So I look forward to watching the new movies and to watching Pitch Perfect again and again.. Thats it for now peeps.Just stoppin by to share my thoughts on the movei and enjoy the rest of the weeked! That's a wickity wickity RAP!!

2 comments:

Red Hibiscus said...

What a great review on this movie and I haven't even seen it yet. You have a way with words, kudos to you cousin I'm lovin it =]

Haven said...

Hi cousin, how are you? I hope you were able to watch the movie, it was ACA AWESOME. I know you're busy with your mom and hope all is well. I have to plan out my weekends so I can visit Shanen. Hope she's loving the College Life..hooray for her and keana- the college girls...
take care luv ya cousin!