Wednesday, October 17, 2012

40's IS THE NEW 30'S...YUP..YUP

OK blogger world, just comin on here to say, that I've made it to my 40th Birthday- hooray for me! I must admit, I still feel the same, look the same and unfortunately weigh the same- lol, I probably gained some weight but watevers, but 40 is feeling mighty good right about now!
Lets see last Thursday, I went to the House of Blues with my cousin and sister and we had a good time. Performing was JBOOG, and to my surprise he gave a shout out to me for my brithday- Big ups to ya man for that!! Afterwards, I went to celebrate and none other than the infamous GOLDEN ARCHES- you got it MCDONALDS- I'm lovin it!
Then Friday was here and  I was off to spend my birthday with my brother and older sister in the Holy City "Utah". I was picked up at the airport and my 2 little nephews greeted me with pink roses, saying, "Happy Birthday" and it was such a beautiful gesture- I just hugged them and was grateful. I jumped in the car and greeted my other 2 twin nephews and they were staring at me at first but then they remembered who i was, and gave me a big smile!
I must admit, that my original birthday plan was to go to SIN CITY, but being with family was PRICELESS! So what do we do when leave the airport, we go straight to the fave place MCDONALDS. hahaha...I guess we just can't get enough of that place. So the kids are playing in the playground, but mind you these are not ordinary kids, these are my brothers kids and all boys, so you can imagine what they do at the playground. They kick each other, start doing their kung fu moves as if there are no other kids there, the other twin is sniffing everyones shoes and throwing them all over the place- ay yay yay- he probably got a quick high from them shoes whoa! We tried to calm the kids down and tell them to behave, but that didn't work. They started to kick the other kids to get them involved in their ninja fights, but I don't think the other parents liked that. So we decided it was time to pack it up and go home, before one of these parents tell management and kick us out! All 4 boys all under 5 years old, you can imagine the wiggles they were trying to shake off in that playground. Never a dull moment with them kids, and I love it haha! Of course, aunty has to be aunty and igi some auagas now and then but all in a days work lol.
For my birhtday dinner, we went to "Bucket O Crawfish" and had some fried, shrimp, boiled shrimp crab with mild and spicy cajun flavoring. The stuff was good! I really enjoyed dinner and of course the kids were eating and running and we had to use some laying on of hands to calm them down lol! After dinner, we went home and I asked my older sister to watch the kids so I could go and watch...wait for it, wait for it...tah dah...you guessed it, "Pitch Perfect" again with my brother his wife and my cousin. We had a good time and they loved the movie, that was my 4th time seeing and it still makes me laugh- hooray!!
So that pretty much was how my birthday went. Sweet, simple and with the people that matter the MOST- my FAMILY!
Just grateful to be alive and well, with good family, good parents who have raised me well, good siblings, good relatives, good eats, good laughs, good times, and a good HEART! Always need to remember to have a good attitude and personality! I know at times, I can be stand offish and give my siblings a hard time, but they all know genuinely where my heart is and thats with them! LOVE, PEACE and UNITY...Good nite all.."FAMILIES ARE FOREVER"...Missing my dad- but always in my heart!!

1 comment:

Rowena said...

I hear you about missing your Dad. I miss my Mom something fierce everyday but you're right. She's always in my heart.