Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"WHEN IT HAPPENS" by Susane Colasanti


Its been a while since I've read a YA book and after reading this book, I'm ready to dive into more YA books. I'm thinking where in the world were these books when I was in high school? I think the authors were probably in school like me trying to figure out what we were going to do with our lives ha! I'm so glad the world of books has expanded into something that is totally unstoppable, whethere with the physical books or efiles- all is good in my eyes.
When it happens, totally brought me back to my high school days, back in..oh I don't know..a few years ago ..lol! The moments captured between Tobey and Sara were so cute and innocent. The arguments so realistic, the plans to try and get noticed by the opposite sex, so REAL! I enjoyed this book immensely. Some might think its a book for puppy love, but its with the puppy love that we develop our true love. Like they say, gotta start from the bottom and work your way up.
Step by step and take your time; don't rush love - its complicated, delicate and a MUST!
I like the way the author had Tobey and Sara's Point of Views.I must say I understood more about how boys really think and how they function in high school or Heck even now in the present.
Along comes my man Tobey- a musician, a slacker to everyone else, but he knows he's capable of becoming anything he wants to be if he puts his mind and studies to it. He's got one goal in mind, to make Sara fall in love with him. He tries to make his move, but he's too slow and Dave(the jock) already asks Sara out- what a bummer! He makes his plan and decides to try to get to know Sara in class and they both find out that they have so much in common and BAM- there is indeed " A CONNECTION!" So much for Dave, she dumps him and realizes she has nothing in common with him at all! HOORAY- Dave is your typical JOCK beats up on others for no reason and cares way too much about what his friends think- a follower!
I really liked Tobey. He was so into Sara that he knew almost everything about her and with Sara it was the little things that mattered. One thing I know I wouldn't do which they both did, was dip their onion rings into mustard, can you say not tastey ugh! But hey, it was their thing. I liked Sara's BFF's Laila- the NERD and Maggie- the BEAUTY. They were a great threesome, did everything together and it just reminded me of how in high school, you always have those few girls that you can call your friends, or homies; this is TRUE! Tobey tells Sara's BFF that he's looking for "SOMETHING REAL" and he can see that in Sara. And they indeed find their something real in each other!
A good, nice and fluffy read!
 


3 comments:

Rowena said...

I know what you mean about don't rush love...haha. Anyway, I really enjoyed this book as well. It's always nice to have a nice and fluffy read to read in between the deeper stuff. I'm glad you liked it as well.

What are you going to read next?

Haven said...

im trying to get my books for the ya series im reading house of nite soul screamer and blue bloods but if u have other fluffy ya books id love to read em..leme know n dont forget alot like love please thanx!

Haven said...

im trying to get my books for the ya series im reading house of nite soul screamer and blue bloods but if u have other fluffy ya books id love to read em..leme know n dont forget alot like love please thanx!