Sunday, October 28, 2012

"Joel and Victoria Osteen" October 26, 2012


October 26, 2012 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA. It was my first time in the big Staples Center and I was so excited, you better believe. I always imagined that my first time in the Staples Center would be for a Lakers Game, but no, it was for a totally different event. One that inspired, uplifted and motivated me spiritually- it was a "NIGHT OF HOPE WITH JOEL AND VICTORIA".
When my cousin invited me to the event, I gotta say that I just wanted to go to experience the Staples Center. When we got our tickets we were all the way up in the nose bleed section and I was thinking maybe we're all the way up here so we can be even closer to the LORD..lol. But as time went on, the seats were getting filled and  I was thinking really, all these people are here to hear one man and his wife about the WORD, amazing!!  By the time the event began every seat was taken so there was no way that we could have tried to upgarde at this point. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular or anything that would be worth blogging, but oh was I wrong! What an unforgettable night!
First of all, let me just start off by saying that all the odds were against us. I got to my cousins house after work and his car didn't start up, so we jumped in his other car and it worked. When the event was over, we jumped in his car and his car wouldn't start. For some reason, after the amazing night I was calm, at peace and filled with positivity. We waited for like 30 minutes and kept starting the car and sure enough it started. We made our way on the freeway and the car started jerking and my cousin was getting worried that we weren't gonna make it home. Well we made it to our exit, but as we were driving on the streets the car died out, but lucky thing we were close to home. We pulled over and started the car again and sure enough it started up. I wasn't worried at all and I knew we would make it to the house. After a great night like that, nothing would have upset me, and nothing did! Can't say so much about today, but Friday night, it was all good - lol.

I'm gonna share a few things that touched me that night from Joel and Victoria Osteen. He said we need to be grateful to be who we are. There are so many of us who walk around saying, I wish I were like her, or i wish i were thinner, but let me tell you, you are exactly the way the Master designed you. If he wanted you to be a little taller, he would have made you a little taller, if he wanted you to be a little skinnier, he would have made you a little skinnier - but you are exactly the way the Master wants you to be, so stop trying to be like someone else- you are UNIQUE and were blessed with your own talents and gifts. Use them and be glad you're YOU! You are painted the way the Master Painter of the World desigend and made you.  He said you are not a victim you are the VICTOR! I am a Queen with qualities and talents that only I posess. Walk with your head up and be confident- the inner you and your inner beauty will radiate to your outside appearance. People will see your inward beauty as yo ucarry yourself with self assurance and confidence!
Whatever you have done wrong, or whatever people have done wrong to you, "LET IT GO", forgive them and forgive yourself. We are our worst critics. If you're doing something you shouldn't be doing, stop it today and re-focus, re-direct your path on the right path. Life is too short, let it go and move on. The LORD is a forgiving LORD and if he forgives you, then forgive yourself. Don't bring up things that happened in the past and re-surface them to bring yourslef down. Do what you need to do TODAY and move on! You are not being judged on your performance, you need to be you and be confident in doing whats right.  Fill yourself with the Word and the scriptures everyday before you leave the house. Accept the Mercy of God, and move on. Dont dwell on what was done, but move forward on what neends to be done. There were so many things that I learned that night and I appreciate the way Joel and Victoria delivered their messages that night. They weren't screaming, they weren't being fake, they were simply sharing the WORD the way they knew how to and that was by merely talking with RESPECT, SIMPLICITY in a w ay that everyone who was there that night could appreciate and understand.
I had a great time that night and I went into the Staples Center with one attitude and came out of there with a better attitude! Indeed, a great night of upliftment and spiritual awakening! A great experience!






























 
















A









No comments: