Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Uncle Robin going back home above"

Saturday,January 29, 2011

It was a sad day for us. My dear Uncle Robin passed away at the UCLA Hospital in Westwood, California. He was admitted last Saturday, January 22, 2011 due to the flu or most likely water in his lungs. He was taken to ICU as the doctors saw that he will need alot of medication to help him breathe with ease. They gave him the mask with oygen to breathe and hoping it would suffice. It did not, they needed to give him meds through his IV and use a Traech to get some air into his lungs. My aunt had to sign a paper saying they could do the procedure and sedate him heavily so the meds would kick in. It helped for a few days and we had hopes and thought all was well.

On Saturday 1-29-11, we get a call from his daughter saying that he passed away. The doctors could not resusitate him after attempting 7 times and my aunt finally told them, its OK; he's in a better place. They told her he was trying they could see it; he tried to hold on for as long as he could, but his body was tired and couldn't take it. The doctors took out the tubes and cleaned him up, then told our family that we could all go in and see him.

When i went in to see him, he looked at peace, calm and sleeping on the bed like a big old soft giant like he was. He loved my lil sister very much as she and his daughter are close cousins and friends. My mother,my sister and I sang our famous song that we sing everywhere "Lovest Thou Me." It was sweet and short and my lil sister was crying throughout the whole song, but when the chorus came, I nudged and said its chorus time. She straightened up and I could hear her struggling to sing the words and stay on tune. We sounded like angels bidding farewell to our loving uncle in preparation for him to be met by his maker and welcomed by his parents, brothers and sister above! My aunt said thank you so much and my cousin had her head on her fathers shoulder resting as a child while we sang our song. It was an emotional moment and one I'll never forget.

So many memories of my father came to mind seeing my uncle in the hospital bed laying there at peace and seeing his daughter with tears in her eyes holding onto her father knowing this would be their last embrace till the next life. I know exactly what they will go through missing the presence of their father and learning how to adjust and move on with life. It is not an easy task, but it's a MUST. I pray they will find comfort in the LORD, with family, with each other and hold dear to their hearts the memory of their father. He will truly be missed..
Ia manuia lou malaga uncle!! Love and miss you dearly!!

No comments: